Kesäkeidas will open again in May 2023
Summer Terrace Restaurants is a comfortable and green area shared by 8 restaurants located in Central Square between Tampere Theatre and the City Hall. You can enjoy refreshing drinks, delicious meals or snacks, and the atmosphere of Tampere at the Terrace Restaurants. There are 500 seats for customers and the restaurants are open daily starting from May 10 until August 13, 2023.Kesäkeidas summer terrace restaurants will be open from May 10 – August 13, 2023.
Opening hours *
- Monday – Thursday 11 am till 10 pm
- Friday – Saturday 11 am till 12 pm
- Sunday 11 am till 10 pm
* We reserve the right to make changes.
Location and how to get there
Central Square is in the city centre of Tampere, in Hämeenkatu. The address is Keskustori 1. Summer Terrace Restaurants are easy to reach and accessible by different modes of transport.
- On foot from the railway station along Hämeenkatu: 9 minutes
- By bike from the railway station along Hämeenkatu: 4 minutes
- For routes, stops and timetables of public transport, see Front Page – Nysse, Tampere regional transport
- Car parks: P-Freckell, P-Hämppi, P-Näsinkulma. For street parking, see: Parking
Restaurants and seats
There are about 500 seats for customers, so there is plenty of place for all! 8 different restaurants serve hungry and thirsty customers.
There is no age limit in the area. When buying alcoholic beverages, you may, however, have to be able to show your ID to prove you are 18 years or older.
The only payment method is credit or debit card. No cash is accepted.
The area includes several toilets, also an accessible toilet.
Dogs are welcome. However, all dogs must be on a leash. Make sure your dog won’t disturb other customers.
Lost and found
You can contact the operator of Summer Terrace Restaurant on-site or call them to ask about your lost property. The operator office is located in the area. You can find the contact information on Contact.
- Remember good hand hygiene. There are hand sanitizers and hand washing points in the area.
- Cover your mouth when you are coughing.
- If you have covid-19 symptoms, do not visit public areas.
- In case of emergency, call 112.
- First aid kit is in the operator office
Experience summer atmosphere from Central Square to Laukko Market Square
Enjoy the relaxed summer atmosphere starting from Central Square on your way to Laukko Market Square. Only a few steps aside, there is Market Hall where you can buy groceries or visit another café or restaurant. There are two entrances to Market Hall, in Hämeenkatu 19 and Hallituskatu 10. Aleksis Kiven katu has more restaurants and beautiful boutiques selling local products, clothing, accessories and shoes.
Have a break in Tampere
Welcome to Tampere, the most attractive city in Finland according to us Finns! Would you like to stay overnight or longer? You can find information on hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions on Visit Tampere webpage.